Explore, Engage, Empower - Young People in Greater Bendigo Youth Strategy 2017-2021
The City of Greater Bendigo has adopted the Explore, Engage, Empower–Young People in Greater Bendigo 2017-2021 at the 13 December 2017 Council Meeting.
City of Greater Bendigo Mayor Cr Margaret O’Rourke said the strategy was developed following extensive consultation with young people and local youth agencies.
“The strategy provides an inclusive framework to enable the City to understand and respond to a range of priority areas that impact on young people aged 12 to 24.
“It includes a vision, goals, objectives and actions for the City to implement over the next four years in response to the priorities identified by young people,” Cr O’Rourke said.
The seven goals of the strategy aim to:
- Provide opportunities for young people to have their say.
- Promote young people as valuable citizens who make a positive contribution to the community.
- Provide innovative opportunities for young to develop new skills.
- Increase collaboration with education providers, industry and community to enhance employment opportunities.
- Deliver inclusive and accessible events and programs for all the community.
- Increase collaboration to strengthen partnerships, networks and advocacy on youth priority areas.
- Create spaces that are inclusive, safe and welcoming for all members of the community.
David Williamson, Coordinator at [email protected] or Tel: 5434 6090.