Be your own Protector - Young women's self-defence class
Join us for a special event in celebration of International Women's Day, where we will proudly champion public safety by offering an empowering class in self defence for young women aged 12-25.
This unique experience is focused on fostering valuable skills, building greater confidence, and cultivating a strong sense of personal safety in a fun and supportive environment.
You will learn:
1. Self-defense techniques.
2. How to complete simple but effective strikes to disable an opponent and assess potentially dangerous
3. Skills in situational awareness.
What to bring?
It is recommended for participants to wear comfortable clothes and shoes they feel comfortable moving around in (leggings or stretchy pants and a t-shirt is ideal). In addition to bringing along a water bottle.
Frequently asked questions:
- Do I need to be fit to do the sessions? No, self-defence is far more than just physical attributes. It is accessible to all women no matter your age, race, level of fitness or physical ability.
- What if I have an injury? Our experienced Facilitators will work with you and your injury. With small class sizes, they will tailor the sessions to meet your needs. Please tell the Facilitator at the commencement of the session about any injuries.
- What if I want to learn more after the workshop? Please chat to the Facilitator about how you can continue to develop your self-defence and situational awareness skills.
What if the sessions trigger past events or memories and cause me distress? The Facilitator is an experienced Social Worker and will be there to support you.
I have more questions, where can I get more information? You can contact our Facilitator, Tracey Grinter by emailing [email protected] or calling 0403 522 140.
YO Bendigo workshops and training sessions are supported by the City of Greater Bendigo's Community Connections Team with funds provided by the Victorian Government's Engage! Program.