First Aid Course
YO Bendigo HLTAID011 Provide First Aid- Accredited First Aid Course
Certification in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance.
In this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge to be able to provide first aid response and life support, manage casualty(ies), the incident, and other first aiders, until qualified emergency help arrives at the scene of the incident.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is trained in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC).
You will learn how to:
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Manage the casualty in a respectful manner
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers' instructions
- Monitor the condition of the casualty and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incidents in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required