Photography Basics with a Digital SLR
Got all the gear but not sure how to use it? Join us and get up to speed! We’ll run through some basic technical details (like what all the fancy numbers and letters on your camera mean), understanding what different modes are for and how to improve composition and framing. After that, we’ll put theory into practice and get shooting so you can get a solid grasp on what we’ve covered on the day and walk away confident in using your camera. Absolutely all photography lovers welcome.
What you'll get
- An understanding of technical jargon such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO and so on
- An explanation of the different modes on your camera
- Tips on how to shoot mindfully and how to compose and frame your shots
What to bring
- The camera + lenses you’re hoping to build a better relationship with!
- If you are brand new to your camera/have rarely used it, it would be ideal if you could bring the instruction manual that came with your camera just in case
- Make sure you have a clean memory card inside the camera
- Your battery is 100% charged the night before the workshop
- Notepad, pen
- You will be walking offsite to shoot, so wear comfortable shoes