Photography for Everyday Storytelling
Learn how to capture the everyday, better.
At Photography for Everyday Storytelling, we’ll talk about composition & framing, practising mindfulness in photography and more, so that you can create your best photograph in any moment. This also includes a refresher on the basics of manual shooting.
Basic photography knowledge is needed. A recap on technical terms such as shutter speed, aperture and ISO is given at the start of class, as this workshop provides practice for shooting in manual.
for Everyday Storytelling!*Shooting in manual is not 100% required or mandatory, but this workshop is structured for dSLRs and cameras with manual settings, so you’ll get the most out of this workshop if you bring a camera that has manual modes.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- A basic understanding of how to improve composition and framing in your photography
- A look at how to practice mindfulness and presence in photography
- A refresher on how to shoot in manual, including basic breakdowns of technical terms such as shutter speed, ISO and aperture
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- The camera and lens/lenses you intend to use the most
- Your camera’s instruction manual, if you are brand new to using your camera
- A clean memory card and a spare one if you have one
- A fully charged battery and a spare battery if you have one
- Notepad and pen
- Comfortable shoes—we’ll be walking off-site to shoot!
You’ll get the most out of this workshop if you have a Digital SLR. However, we are happy to guide you with whatever camera you own (it just can’t be a film camera).