Youth Council 2023 Goals Statement
The City of Greater Bendigo Youth Council has developed a Goals Statement that reflects their aspirations and what they hope to achieve in 2023.
- All Youth Council submissions or letters of support are of high quality.
- Youth Council initiates its own submissions when appropriate.
- Youth Council provides a submission to the City’s budget process.
- Youth Council promotes the Mission Australia Youth Survey.
- Youth Council achieves quorum at every briefing and meeting.
- Youth Council Working Groups develop and present at least one proposal to Youth Council each in 2023. Youth Council 2023 Goals Statement - Approved: 26 April 2023.
- All Youth Councillors are active participants in briefings and meetings.
- When appropriate, individual Youth Councillors are members of City advisory committees as Youth Council representatives.
- When appropriate, individual Youth Councillors are members of external committees of management as Youth Council representatives.
- When appropriate, individual Youth Councillors attend City events.
- Youth Council opens two meetings to invited observers in 2023: The Special Youth Council Meeting in February and the September Meeting for Youth Fest (Try before you buy).
- When appropriate, individual Youth Councillors attend Ordinary Council Meetings.
- Youth Council provides effective governance of the implementation of the Youth Action Plan 2023-2024.
- The Youth Council’s 2023 Youth Parliament team produces a high-quality and relevant Bill.
- A majority of Youth Councillors attend joint Council and Youth Council meetings.
- All Youth Councillors are professional when representing the City.
You can read the Youth Council Goals Statement below.